Friday, May 28, 2010

Off to Ride (for the first time)

The Boyfriend and I went to the bike shop in Florence today at lunchtime and I test rode the used 55cm Bianchi he had been looking at last week.  It was nice.  Aluminum body, carbon fork.  It's a little more sensitive than my Trek back home.  It turns sharper, breaks harder, changes gears easier.  It's one centimeter larger, too, which I hope doesn't affect anything.

We decided that a few circles around the block didn't constitute a good enough test ride to purchase the bike, so it's now in our apartment waiting for me to ride it this afternoon.  I have until 6 p.m. to see if it fits me the way I want it to.  For me, that mostly means I'll be looking for any discomfort that might develop in my back.

Here's the Beaut:















I didn't have time for breakfast this morning because I woke up late and then had to rush to the bike store, but I just went to an Italian grocery store to pick up some salad supplies.

I ended up finding random ingredients I thought would be good in a salad.  This is kind of a Pregnant Woman salad, if you know what I mean (it's weird).  It's not the prettiest salad in the world, but I enjoyed it.  And it should fuel me for my ride.  
















My salad contained:
  • some type of Italian lettuce
  • raw almonds
  • chick peas
  • sultanas
  • olive oil


I'm not really sure where to ride since BF hasn't shown me where the cyclists go here, but that's OK because I'm deeming today as more of an "exploratory" day.  I'm not setting a mileage or pace goal.  I plan on riding for an hour to an hour and a half.  And with all the hills here who knows how far or fast I'll make it.
















Ciao!

0 comments:

Post a Comment