Sunday, May 30, 2010

Hills, hills and more hills

The Bianchi bike is now mine!

Yesterday was my first ride in Italy.  Ged took me to Greve, starting in Florence and riding through the Chianti region.  The great thing about Florence is that it only takes a few miles to leave the city and get into some rolling hills and countryside.

The hills definitely kicked my butt.  I went really slow uphill but didn't stop on any of the ascents, which was what I was aiming for.  We ended up riding 40 miles (65 km), stopping in a few cute local markets and small towns.  The total trip time was about three hours.

I forgot to bring a camera with me but we're going on another ride today to Fiesole, and I'll be sure to take some shots.

Breakfast yesterday was hearty in preparation for my long ride.  I had the same breakfast today as well.






















  • muesli
  • half banana
  • raw almonds
  • sultanas
  • light soy milk
Post-ride food consisted of
  • other half of my banana
  • dinner at Casalinga restaurant
    • bruschetta
    • plate of steamed veggies
    • spaghetti with red sauce
Ged had various meat dishes.  I'm pretty sure he ate Bugs Bunny and Porky Pig at some point during his dinner.  =(

We were both pretty full by the end of the night and crashed as soon as we got home.

I'm off to wander the streets a bit before Ged gets back.

Hasta luego.

0 comments:

Post a Comment