Wednesday, May 12, 2010

low-key in Dublin

I've been in Dublin the past few days and haven't really done much to be honest.  I visited two photography exhibits, walked around Temple Bar (where a drunken bum groped me) and went to a Dinosaur Jr. concert (as per boyfriend's request).
This sign in Temple Bar reads:  "No wake up calls, please.  Remember Temple Bar is home to 3,000 residents."























There's a giant Spire located near the city's center:



















I was feeling a bit under the weather, which is why I wasn't my normal adventurous, photo-happy self.  One thing the boyfriend and I did manage to do, however, was EAT!
The Web site http://www.happycow.net/ is really great for finding veg-friendly restaurants.  Check it out.

We checked out the vegan/vegetarian scene, and although there weren't many choices as far as dining out, the couple of restaurants that were vegan-friendly were good quality.  I was impressed.

Cornucopia, a vegetarian/vegan eating joint, has a great atmosphere to it.  Very chill and easy-going.  Everyone has a smile on his or her face, and I think that's largely due to the good food.  The menu changes daily and all the ingredients are as fresh as they can get.

Ged and I had some awesome soup and home-made vegan bread with a non-dairy spread.













I went back another day to Cornucopia during lunch time and had a small salad that included garlic potatoes and kidney beans with spinach.  Totally vegan and totally delish.














We went to Juice, another vegetarian/vegan restaurant, and that was good as well.  I had freshly made pear juice that was to die for.  I felt cleaner after just a few sips.  I know that sounds dumb.  Main course was vegetable fried rice.  The teriyaki sauce was a little  on the heavy side, though.  And vanilla soy ice cream for dessert.  Good stuff.
I'm now in Berlin, Germany, after a four hour flight from Dublin, and I'm feeling much better than I was yesterday.  I'm off to explore what the city has to offer.

Happy Hump Day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment