Monday, July 5, 2010

Where'd the Energy Go?

Do you ever have one of those days when you just feel tired?  You can't explain why.  You haven't done anything dramatically different lately, but today all you feel like doing is wrapping yourself up like a mummy in your bed sheets.

Yesterday was one of those days for me.  Fortunately, I didn't lay in bed all day.

Ged and I rode 60km (~37mi) with a total riding time of 2.5 hours.  We did the first part of this ride and then went to Monte Morello (the second half of this ride).

I wasn't feeling strong at all during this ride.  Even though the cloudy sky provided a lot of shade and made the air feel cooler, I was still drenched in sweat by the time I reached the top of the first climb.  According to Ged, I was a "sweaty Betty."

I think days like these are unavoidable.  You can't predict or prevent them.  Yes, you can eat healthy and exercise regularly, but there will always be days when you don't feel the greatest.  The important thing is to keep your head up and power through it.

Thankfully, I have someone in my life who pushes and motivates me to go a little further, a little longer.  If it weren't for him I would've probably headed home after that first daunting climb.

Thank you, Ged.

Post-ride Nutrition
After our ride I concocted a seitan dish.

I threw some seitan, pepper, scallions, garlic and tomato into a pan and then added Basmati rice when the veggies were nice and soft.
















Yum.

~Amanda

0 comments:

Post a Comment