Monday, July 19, 2010

What a Weekend

Just got to Barcelona a few minutes ago.  First impressions:  busy, big, heavy traffic.  

I just spent four days in Benicassim, Spain at the Festival Internacional de Benicassim, a huge music festival by the beach.

The conditions weren't too savage-like; cold showers and portable toilets were right next to our tent.

As for the music, Calvin Harris and The Prodigy were by far the most fun.

I thought it would be a good idea to be right at the front of the Prodigy show, but little did I know how freaking intense it would be.  I was surrounded by large shirtless English guys who wanted to get as rowdy as possible.  I was up for that.  

After 40 minutes of throbbing bass and nonstop jumping (I felt like an aerobics instructor), I had to get outta there.  I ended up getting a hard elbow to the nose, the scab on my elbow ripped off and groped several times.  I still had fun though.

Other great performances were Mumford & Sons, Vampire Weekend and Ray Davies.

I don't have any pictures to share because I locked up my camera to prevent it from getting stolen.  My wallet, however, did get stolen.  $200 in the red.  Ouch.  And Ged lost his camera at the Prodigy show.

Pretty tired because I've been staying up until 4 a.m. the last few days.  I need to find my hostel and crash for a few hours.

Sleepily, 

Amanda

0 comments:

Post a Comment