Thursday, July 22, 2010

The Playa is Packed

My hostel is a 15-minute walk from Barceloneta beach.  Pretty awesome, right?

I thought so too until I got to the beach.  I had to hunt for an open spot for about five minutes because there were so many people.

The sand wasn't as dirty as I thought it would be, though.  No cigarette butts or miscellaneous trash.

The soliciting, however, was intense.  "Hola, massage?"  "Cold beer, cola, agua"  "Henna tattoo"


A nonstop chorus of advertising disrupted any chance of me having a nap.

















When I got back to hostel and chatted to one of the staff about the beach, he told me it was a good thing I didn't go into the water because it's polluted with all the waste from the city.

While I did get a stellar tan, I'm not sure I'll be going back to this beach.

~Amanda

0 comments:

Post a Comment