Friday, August 6, 2010

Why I Love France

Today was a "travel day," which means we pack up all our stuff and move from one campground to another, making several stops in cute towns and at scenic vistas for pictures and pure enjoyment.

I might have mentioned it before, but I’ll say it again:  I love French towns.

Yes, they are all the same in that they follow a similar layout (church, bank, pub, butcher shop, bakery, post office), but this simplicity and organization works!  And I don’t care what anyone says, they’re all unique to me.

We stopped in a town called Nevache on our way from Briancon to Bourg.  Adorable place that makes you feel a bit isolated from the rest of the world—kind of a nice feeling. 

Tons of hikers were waiting for buses to take them away on their adventures, but the rest of the town was essentially empty.

The natural beauty of these places always amazes me.

Flowers in blossom.


Potato field.


Yellow Labradors waiting patiently.



Fresh mountain water for anyone to drink.


Sketchy English guy staring at mountains…






































Once we left Nevache, the views seemed to get prettier and prettier.  We passed the Col de Galibier (a scary freaking climb that I’m not doing on this trip), and I just had to take pictures.


























Alp d'Huez tomorrow.  Twenty-one hairpin bends!

Au revoir,
Amanda

0 comments:

Post a Comment