Saturday, August 7, 2010

We're Not in Kansas Anymore

Today was a ride like no other.  I climbed my little heart out.

Twenty-one hairpin turns later, I was on top of Alpe d'Huez.

Here's what the profile looks like:



















The ride through pictures:





































The climb was labeled with signs indicating how many hairpins were left, sort of like a countdown.  I really  appreciated that because it helped me mentally push to the top without stopping.  I always knew where I was and how much I had left.

By the time I reached the top, my groin muscles and crotch were beyond sore.  I had to stretch for several minutes before getting back on the bike.





























Standing on the podium, which you can't really see...I had some trouble stepping up there because my groin hurt so badly.





























The way down was so cool because we got to see how twisty and turny the roads were.  They kind of looked like something out of Salvador Dali's sketchbook--like the roads were melting.


























































Another climb the pros do on Le Tour:  Check.


~Amanda

0 comments:

Post a Comment