Friday, June 18, 2010

Published.










Hello.

I've recently been published in The Florentine, an English-speaking local newspaper in Florence.  I wrote a small piece for them about an upcoming Fourth of July celebration in the city.

It didn't involve any reporting at all, really, but I'm still thankful for the opportunity to have some "international experience" when it comes to being published.  This is definitely going on my resume.

Update on the fast:  It only lasted about 1.5 days.  In order to have a successful fast, you need to limit physical activity, however, the thing I'm learning about Florence is that you should take advantage of good weather when it's available.  

The downpours of rain have been horrendous lately, and the thunder and lightning are shockingly bright and loud.  That means I need to ride my bike whenever blue skies, which means I can't afford to be sending my body into "shut down" or "cleansing" mode right now.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's really cool! How'd getting the article published happen?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I e-mailed the features editor a few months ago and told her I'd be in Florence for the summer and asked if I could intern or help out with any articles or photography.

    ReplyDelete