Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Getting Comfortable

I just finished a quick bike ride to Fiesole, and I can honestly say that I'm not only getting faster on the bike, but I'm also becoming more comfortable going downhill again since the scary crash I had about two weeks ago.

Three weeks ago, it took me 1.5 hours to complete the 21.7 mile (35 km) ride.

Today it took me one hour and 15 minutes, and I was still braking pretty hard on the descent.

Lunch
Ged took me to a really cheap pasta place for lunch.  I had a bowl of risotto (rice with tomato sauce) for 4 euro.  Not bad at all, especially for a tourist-flooded city like Florence.

I took pictures, of course.
















Ged was contemplating the deliciousness of his ragout.
















I'm off to cook dinner and watch Argentina beat Greece in the World Cup.

Amanda

0 comments:

Post a Comment