Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Fast(ing)

Today has been a quiet day.  The weather has been dark and wet, ruling out pretty much all outdoor activity, and Ged is busy working all day.

I think all of those things make for perfect ingredients for a FAST.

I'm fairly new to fasting for health reasons, so I've had to do my own research on the subject to make sure I'm going about it the right way.  Why do it?  I love the idea and feeling of cleansing the body.

The best Web site I've found is this one.

Since I'm not an expert or even experienced with fasting yet, I'm taking it slow.  I plan on fasting for only a few days, listening to how my body reacts as a measure for exactly how long I can last.

I decided that a fruit fast would be best for me because I'm not sure I can physically or mentally handle the determination and strain of a water fast.  Tomorrow I'll pick up some apples, oranges and bananas for my fast.

Ever tried a fast?  How did it go?

0 comments:

Post a Comment