Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Wet One

70 miles?  Done.


Ged and I rode around Sanford, Fl., Sunday morning as part of the Holiday Hundred bike ride.

We woke at 5 a.m. and drove 2 hours to Sanford.  A bit chilly when we first got out of the car but once we were on the bike, everything started to warm up.

BUT THEN


The grayish clouds above turned black and before I knew it, gentle drops turned into fat drops and I couldn't see through my sunglasses anymore because they were so foggy.

It was at that moment, as my socks were soaked through and specks of dirt were flying into my mouth, that I decided that I wasn't doing the 100 miles but instead the 62 miles (the "metric century").  Call me a wuss, but I just wasn't feelin' it.






































Ged trying to take pictures while riding....




































Dirty but fun at the end of the day.

--Amanda

0 comments:

Post a Comment