Monday, January 10, 2011

Surfs Up

Back in Florence now after a six-hour car ride from Munich, Germany.

I really enjoyed my time in Munich.  It's a much more dynamic and fun city than I imagined it would be. The weather was cold but beautiful because the sun was shining.

One of the first things we did was walk through the Englischer Garten (English Garten), a big park in the city.










































While walking down one of the icy paths in the park, Ged saw surfers paddling around in the stream not too far away.

On closer inspection, guys were actually surfing...































I must say this was really unexpected and maybe one of the strangest things I've seen in a while.  I grew up on the beach with a dad who surfed whenever the waves were big enough, so this kind of "urban surfing" brought a smile to my face.

A short while later, we were drinking beer at the Hofbrauhaus, a famous beer hall in Munich.  The place was packed.






























I've had a fantastic time in Europe these past two weeks, but I think it's time to go home and back to school.




































Ciao.

--Amanda

0 comments:

Post a Comment