Thursday, May 31, 2012

Short and steep


I'm not used to this.

I turn a corner, more uphill. Part of me wants my flat Florida roads back, part of me says, "This is good for you. The pain is good."

Olive trees, poppies, courteous drivers. A girl can only dream! Yet, here I am huffing and puffing and cursing for the damn climb to be over.

I'm getting back on the bike after a silly arm injury that happened a few weeks ago, and I'm taking it easy with this short ride, but man, it's steep (for me). I end up climbing just under 1,000 feet on the four-kilometer climb. I think part of my route is actually going to be used in the 2013 UCI Road World Championship race.

1 comment:

  1. keep on the good/hard work! glad to see you back on the saddle! You're so lucky to be able to ride in Italy (and outside Florence!). Just a dream for the rest of us (sigh...)

    p.s. just realized it's a ... bitch for us "metrics" to calculate slopes in a diagram of miles over feet... ;-)

    ReplyDelete