Wednesday, May 11, 2011

I'm 1/4 Dutch so that makes me a Winner

I was able to make it to today's Giro stage in Orvieto.  Such a contrast to Parma, especially now that a rider has passed away.

Orvieto was organized differently as it was more of a summit finish than Parma.  The team buses were in a different part of the city and quite a walk from where I was (700m from the finish).  The atmosphere was a bit more energetic as the confines of this small city bottled up all the energy.

The pictures aren't that great but I wasn't exactly trying.  Instead, I wanted to shout and scream at the riders to get their asses up the hill.  So that's what I did.





































Comedic relief brought to you today by Liquigas.  I watched for about 20 minutes as the Liquigas bus tried to fit down a narrow road to leave Orvieto.

Angry Italian men thought they could help the situation by waving their arms frantically.

0 comments:

Post a Comment