Saturday, April 30, 2011

Polenta before Impruneta

Last night I cooked an incredible Polenta and Spinach pie from this cookbook.




























It's so nice to have an oven in Italy...

This morning, a short bike ride was in order.  But before we could hop on our steeds and head out, I had to take care of a slight problem.




























Wow.  I can't believe I rode with this last summer.  No wonder my chain wouldn't stay on the middle ring.  I knew something was up when I went for a short ride to Fiesole on Wednesday and the chain was skipping and wouldn't stay on the middle ring, no matter how I pleaded with it.

The skies were a bit hazy earlier today and it did end up drizzling on us a bit.  Still, a beautiful 20mi (30km).




























On the way back, Ged took me up to San Miniato al Monte, a church overlooking Florence.




























Riding back through the busy streets of the city was fun.  Weaving in and out of tourists is almost like a game.




























Enjoying the fresh air and sunshine before tonight.  Notte Bianca is bound to be amusing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment